Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Maple Oatmeal Bread



The real world is hard. It is 11:15 and I'm about to turn in for the night! How did I use to do this? I went to shows 4 times a week and still managed to be at work on time. The Diet Coke addiction must have been it. Really, my energy levels should not have sapped so much from 19 to 22.
You know what else is hard? Taking good photos of the food I've made. Most of the time my fork is halfway to my freshly-produced baked good when I realize I need to document it. I then position the baked good on some part of my comically inadequate counter space, where my shadow gets in the way (hungry, I guess?) for about 5 photos before I give up and dig in. Maybe I'll buy a book about food styling with the colossal (to me) check I'll be getting from my accidental overtime hours. Too bad I'll probably be too tired to cook.
Oh yeah, the bread. Despite its misleading name, the maple syrup did not impart a taste, merely a moist, cakey consistency to this loaf. (What a great word. Loaf!) It was not sweet at all. It tasted really good if you heated it up and put butter on it, but really, what wouldn't taste good if you heated it up and put butter on it?(Don't answer that.) After Andy and I each had a slice, I took it to work to be sacrificed.
Loaf! Loafing around. Loaf-of-bread pose(for cats). What a loaf of shit. (Just kidding. I made that one up.)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's a disease babies can get where their urine smells like maple syrup!

    you working at graham's is just like the summer after high school! (that was five years AGO?!??!)

    (also i just tried to edit that previous comment and deleted it and now it looks like i said something bad.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ew...is that all the disease is? cause that probably smells better than regular pee...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ew! what disease is that?

    and about the bread: I would LOVE to be a food stylist! can I help you?

    ReplyDelete