Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 8: Fail/Day 9: Sour Cream Pound Cake


Yes, I flaked again. But today I tried to make up for it with the most un-Hansom dessert I have ever made: sour cream pound cake(I have made several pound cakes lately, much to the alarm of my very tight jeans). According to All Cakes Considered, where this recipe was taken from, this cake is also known as the "Mancatcher." Thank goodness my man is already caught, cause I don't think this cake would have done the trick. It cooked a little too well, as you can see in the photo. Overall, though, it was a decent cake, but nothing too extraordinary. Or maybe I'm just burned out on pound cake (WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THE DAY COULD COME?!?). That cookbook is really gorgeous, though, I must say, and I'm very glad I bought it, for the food styling (something I am genuinely terrible at) alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment