Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 6: Gouda Penne with Spinach

To avoid the dishes problem, I made this at my parents. However, my camera battery died while I was trying to take the photo, so there isn't one! Plus, we ate most of it pretty fast.
I made this dish in an attempt to recreate my mom and I's beloved Penne with Smoked Gouda dish from Cafe Toscana, a recently shuttered AWESOME Italian restaurant in East Memphis. That dish had asparagus instead of spinach, but asparagus is not in season and the jarred and canned versions of it really freak me out. Spinach is not in season either, but I used frozen so it doesn't matter.
I love Gouda. I'm tempted to make a terrible pun here (I LOVE PUNS), but I will refrain, believe it or not.
I'll charge up the camera for whatever I make tomorrow...there is no way I will be able to complete this project without becoming a major fatty.

No comments:

Post a Comment